Look for me in the comments section of the Sun Sentinel's Dolphins blog. I post using these names: The Knight who says Ni!, Elitist Blog Club Member, Draft The BPA, Random Guy, Tryptich and Mr. Bungle.

MORE BREAKING NEWS: I am now also posting under the name "They Call Me... Tim"

BREAKING NEWS: I am now also posting under the name Tim the Enchanter



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Little known NFL facts

Hi again everyone!

I am The Knight who says Ni!, Mr. Bungle and Elitist Blog Club Member, etc.

Thousands of you have e-mailed to ask when I will be posting my popular mock draft. Well, you don't have to wait much longer. My long-anticipated 2010 NFL mock draft will be posted here tomorrow. I was unable to find time to reply to the thousands of e-mails I received yesterday, because I spend almost every minute I am awake posting comments on Dolphins blogs and forums, so I thought it best if I just made the major announcement right here for all of you to see.

Speaking of seeing, I recently bought a webcam, and will hopefully be using it to interact with many of my new friends. Here is a picture of me from my webcam.

Today, for your enjoyment, I will be writing about interesting yet little-known NFL facts, including rules and stats. I have spent hundreds of hours researching these little-known facts and hope you will be as shocked and surprised to learn about them as I was. Here goes.

Little Known NFL Facts

1. The Super Bowl. Did you know that the Super Bowl has only been around since 1967? Most people assume that it has been around for hundreds of years, but in reality it has been going on for about 30 years.

2. Walter Peyton. We all know that Emmit Smith is the NFL's all-time leading rusher with many yards compiled (I couldn't find out exactly how many yards he had). But did you know that "Walter Peyton" previously held that record? If you're like me, you're asking, who is "Walter Peyton" and how come I have never heard of him? At first, I thought it was a joke, but apparently there really was a player named "Walter Peyton" and he did have the most rushing yards. Crazy.

3. The Los Angeles Raiders. Please don't laugh. I didn't make a mistake! According to wikipedia, the Oakland Raiders actually used to be called the Los Angeles Raiders and they used to play their home games in Los Angeles. I didn't know you could move to a different city or whatever, but apparently some other teams have also moved. I will try to find out which other teams moved and update you in a future blog post.

4. The 3third QuarterBack. Most of you know the names of the starting quarterbacks, because they are pretty popular. But did you know that teams often bring three quarterbacks to games? Yes. But that's not all. The third quarterback is not allowed to play because of some bizarre rule.

5. Freezing The Kicker. I heard this term used one time, but nobody really likes to talk about it so I really don't have too much information on it.

6. Troy's Long Hair. Troy Polomulo is one of the best players in football. No secret there! But did you know that he grew his hair extra long so that opposing players couldn't see his name on the back of his jersey? It's true! Since his long hair hides his name on the back of his jersey, they never can tell which guy he is when he is on the field.

7. The Big Game. Miami and New Orleans have both been to the Super Bowl 10 times, the most ever. Pasadena, which apparently used to have an NFL team, is next with five trips to the Super Bowl. The San Diego Chargers are next with three trips to the Super Bowl.

8. Highest Scoring Game Ever. The highest scoring game in NFL history came in 1983, when the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Broncos 186-184. The game was actually tied 145-145 after four quarters. Kiki Vandeweghe led the Lions with 51 points scored.

9. 60 Minutes. The NFL claims that its games only last 60 minutes, but I always felt like it was much longer. I just read that the average NFL game is actually 3 hours and 7 minutes seconds. Something is definitely up with this.

10. Rudy. I've never told anybody this, so it is in a way a little known fact. Rudy is my favorite NFL movie of all-time.

I hope you found these NFL secrets as astonishing as I did! Remember, check back tomorrow for my 2010 NFL mock draft.

14 comments:

  1. you dumb piece of crap! haha lol u r the biggest moron in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dumbass. Rudy wasnt an NFL movie. WTF is wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Walter Payton not Peyton. Maybe thats why you never heard of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you, Knight who says ni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knight, thanks the world is awaiting more of your comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are the coolest! Are`nt we Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. finally knight has his own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knight is that really you in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freezing a kicker is a term used to call a time out right before the kicker kicks. They do it to make him get out of rhythm in hope he chokes on trying to kick a field goal.

    Death to reply!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi friends! Ken, thank you, I will look into that. Herdfan, welcome aboard. FFR, you're my bff. Johnny, yes, that's me. Bat, are you sure? I think there is more to it, and I think the league doesn't want people to know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi random guy. Why complain about trolls if you yourself use over three blogging names. Do you even know who you are anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice update. look forward to the mock draft

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are correct, I am also now using the name Random Guy and Draft The BPA. I will add these to the list so everyone knows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you stupid fuck, miami hasn't been to the super bowl 10 times. the city of miami has hosted the super bowl 10 times. do you really think new orleans saints have been to 10 super bowls?

    ReplyDelete